Durabase CI++ Anti-fracture Mat-1m²
In Stock and available for delivery on:
Order within and select Express Delivery
Durabase CI++ Anti-Fracture MembraneDurabase CI++ Matting is an anti-fracture membrane that eliminates the risk of tiles cracking or becoming loose when installed upon a substrate which may be subject to lateral movement such as expansion or contraction, e.g. chipboard floors.. It will also act as a decoupling membrane on substrates which are aged and exhibiting signs of movement such as cracked screeds by isolating the tiled surface from the foundation below. Durabase can also be installed in wet rooms, steam rooms and bathrooms as a waterproof barrier when used in conjunction with the Durabase tape, providing a waterproof layer ensuring that any water sensitive substrates remain unaffected and the tile installation remains secure.
Many internal floor tiling projects, especially on 1st floor bathrooms, often suffer cracking and failures associated with movement from timber or aged substrates. By using Durabase you can eliminate this risk and potential added costs. Durabase acts as a decoupling membrane and separates the tiled surface from the substrate, thus isolating any movement and ensuring that the tiles remain stable and unaffected. It also has the added benefit of acting as a waterproof layer (When used with tape) that is of a particular advantage when tiling a timber substrate which will be susceptible to water.
Durabase CI++ Installation Guide
- If necessary, apply a suitable primer onto the surface where Durabase CI++ is to be used
- Cut the Durabase CI++ mats to the required size
- Use Ultimate Flexible S2 adhesive using a trowel with the notches of approximately 4mm (0.16inch) in width. Apply the adhesive evenly to the surface
- Lay the Durabase CI++ mats reverse side down (White fleece at the bottom) onto the fresh adhesive and press them down evenly with the flat side of the trowel.
- Use Durabase sealing tape to cover the junctions between mats
- Completley cover the top of the mats with flexible adhesive, then roughen the adhesive surface using a suitably sized notched trowel (the trowel size depends on the size of the tiles), then lay the tiles on top
- Grout the tiles using flexible or ordinary grout
For further advice and help with this product, please call our technical team 01473 805959