Underfloor Heating Kit for Laminate / Wood + Manual Thermostat
In Stock and available for delivery on:
Order within and select Express Delivery
BodenWärme Premium Quality 140w/m² Electric Under Laminate / Wood HeatingKit Includes:
- BodenWärme 140w/m² foil encased underfloor heating mat designed for use under laminate & wood floors. (Select size below)
- Manual Thermostat
- Floor temperature sensor with 3m cable and flexible conduit
- Aluminium joint tape
- Comprehensive installation manual
- 15 Year manufacturer backed heat mat guarantee
ALL PRICES INCLUDE VAT @20%
See below for full product details
BodenWärme Underfloor Heating Product Features
- Dual core wire with simple, single connection point. - Unlike other carbon film systems.
- Ultra thin 1 mm cable keeping the increase in floor height to an absolute minimum.
- Tough Fluoropolymer heating element insulation ensuring durability.
- Full CE certification & ROHS compliance for guaranteed safety.
- Full earth system offering safety and peace of mind. - Unlike other carbon film underfloor heating systems.
- Ample power for sole-source heating* or alternatively use to simply take the chill off the floor.
*Providing the room is adequately insulated.
- 15 Year manufacturer backed guarantee for total peace of mind.
- Aluminium mat structure evenly disperses the heat protecting the flooring.
- Foil backing of the mat can be easily cut with scissors allowing the mat to be cut and turned, quickly covering any shaped room. Full installation instructions can be viewed in the data sheets section below.
- Easy installation with zero maintenance required. Once installed there is nothing to leak or burst and nothing to flush, bleed, clean or service.
- Even positioning of the heat source means optimum comfort is achieved throughout the whole room unlike hot or cold spots produced by radiators.
- Thermostat control promotes energy savings through better control of zone heating, meaning you only heat the rooms you want, when you want.
- The temperature profile of underfloor heating is much closer to the ideal heating profile, where feet are warm, while the head remains cool.
- Controls heating based on floor temperature.
- Simple to operate.
- LED to indicate when heating is on.
- Floor sensor with 3m cable included.
- Ideal for intermittent use.
- Fits in a standard single gang back box (45mm deep)
A good quality soft underlay should be used under this underfloor heating. The laminate is then installed directly above the heating. The underlay should be insulating with a high tog value. If installing onto an non-insulated concrete floor, insulation boards can be installed under the underlay for maximum efficiency.
Before selecting your underfloor heating it is vital to ensure you have the correct size heating mat to suit your room. This is critical as the heating element CANNOT be reduced or extended.
- Calculate the total area of the room.
- Deduct the areas of all fixed furniture items without a minimum 60 mm free flowing air gap underneath such as kitchen units, bath, toilet e.t.c.
- Deduct a further 10% from this remaining area. This allows for the space around the edge of the room.
Always round DOWN to the nearest size. It is always best to have a little less heating than some left over!
- As with all electrical projects governed by Part P regulations, all mains electrical connections must be undertaken by a certified electrician.
- We recommend a maximum 24 m² area of 140 w/m² output underfloor heating for laminate / wood to be controlled by one thermostat. Any area greater than this should be split into separate zones using separate heat mats controlled by more than one thermostat.
- The heating must be protected by a 30mA RCD. This can be situated within the consumer unit or via a dedicated RCD fused spur.
- Ensure the total current of your heating system does not exceed the current capacity of the circuit it is connected to. Standard domestic ring circuits are rated at 13A and an electrical feed can be taken via a single 13A fused spur.
Full installation instructions can be found in the data sheets section below
If you need any further advice please call us on 01473 805959 or drop us an email at [email protected]