Electric Underfloor Heating Mat 150w / m²
In Stock and available for delivery on:
Order within and select Express Delivery
BodenWärme Premium Quality 150w/m² Electric Under Tile Heating Mat Includes:
- BodenWärme 150w/m² underfloor heating mat with Rapid Fit sticky mesh (Select size below)
- Comprehensive installation manual
- 25 Year Manufacturer backed heat mat guarantee
ALL PRICES INCLUDE VAT @20%
See below for full product details
BodenWärme Underfloor Heating Product Features
- Dual core wire with simple single connection point. The twin conductor construction also eliminates any harmful EMF.
- Thin 3.6mm cable thickness keeps the increase in floor height to a minimum.
- Tough Fluoropolymer conductor insulation with resilient PVC outer insulation ensuring durability.
- Full CE & TUV certification & ROHS compliance for guaranteed safety.
- 200w/m² output suitable for sole source heating even in poorly insulated rooms such as conservatories. The heat up time is also greatly reduced when compared to 100w/m² or 150w/m² systems.
- 25 Year manufacturer backed guarantee for total peace of mind.
- The entire mesh backing of the heat mat is self adhesive unlike others with small adhesive strips. This makes the installation of both the heating mat and the self levelling compound or tile adhesive on top much easier.
- Pressure sensitive adhesive on the mesh backing prevents the common issue of the mat curling.
- Easy installation with zero maintenance required. Once installed there is nothing to leak or burst and nothing to flush, bleed, clean or service.
- Even positioning of the heat source means optimum comfort is achieved throughout the whole room unlike hot or cold spots produced by radiators.
- Thermostat control promotes energy savings through better control of zone heating, meaning you only heat the rooms you want, when you want.
- The temperature profile of underfloor heating is much closer to the ideal heating profile, where feet are warm, while the head remains cool.
This underfloor heating mat is supplied without the thermostat required to control it.
Please see our other listings for underfloor heating mat and thermostat combinations.
Whilst this heating is powerful enough to be laid directly onto concrete sub-floors, the use of insulation boards will reduce heat up times and running costs by up to 50%. This means they can pay for themselves in just 2-3 years.
The high 200w/m² output of this underfloor heating makes it unsuitable to install directly onto any wooden subfloor. The use of insulation boards to provide a thermal barrier between heat sensitive subfloors and the heating mat is mandatory.
Before selecting your heating it is vital to ensure you have the correct size heat mat to suit your room. This is critical as the heating element CANNOT be reduced or extended.
- Calculate the total area of the room.
- Deduct the areas of all fixed furniture items without a minimum 60mm free flowing air gap underneath such as kitchen units, bath, toilet e.t.c.
- Deduct a further 10% from this remaining area. This allows for the spaces between the mats and around the edge of the room.
Always round DOWN to the nearest size. It is always best to have a little less heating than some left over!
- As with all electrical projects governed by Part P regulations, all mains electrical connections must be undertaken by a certified electrician.
- We recommend a maximum 16m² area of 200w/m² output heating to be controlled by one thermostat. Any area greater than this should be split into separate zones using separate heat mats controlled by more than one thermostat. The area is increased to 20m² for underfloor heating with a 150w/m² output.
- The heating must be protected by a 30mA RCD. This can be situated within the consumer unit or via a dedicated RCD fused spur.
- Ensure the total current of your heating system does not exceed the current capacity of the circuit it is connected to. Standard domestic ring circuits are rated at 13A and an electrical feed can be taken via a single 13A fused spur.
Full installation instructions can be found in the data sheets section below
If you need any further advice please call us on 01473 805959 or drop us an email at [email protected]