Electric Underfloor Heating Cable Kit + Manual Thermostat 150w /m²
In Stock and available for delivery on:
Order within and select Express Delivery
BodenWärme Premium Quality 150w/m² Electric Under Tile Heating Kit Includes:
- BodenWärme 150w/m² underfloor heating cable. Ideal for irregular shaped areas with multiple obstacles such as bathrooms (Select size below)
- Manual Thermostat
- Floor temperature sensor with 3m cable and flexible conduit
- High strength adhesive tape
- Thermal floor primer & applicator
- Comprehensive installation manual
- 25 Year manufacturer backed heating cable guarantee
ALL PRICES INCLUDE VAT @20%
See below for full product details
BodenWärme Underfloor Heating Product Features
- Dual core wire with simple, single connection point. The twin conductor construction also eliminates any harmful EMF.
- Thin 3.6mm cable thickness keeps the increase in floor height to a minimum.
- Tough Fluoropolymer conductor insulation with resilient PVC outer insulation ensuring durability.
- Full CE certification & ROHS compliance for guaranteed safety.
- 100% Coverage earth shield for safety and peace of mind.
- Ample power for sole-source heating* or alternatively use to simply take the chill off the floor.
*Providing the room is adequately insulated.
- 25 Year manufacturer backed guarantee for total peace of mind.
- Even positioning of the heat source means optimum comfort is achieved throughout the whole room unlike hot or cold spots produced by radiators.
- Thermostat control promotes energy savings through better control of zone heating, meaning you only heat the rooms you want, when you want.
- The temperature profile of underfloor heating is much closer to the ideal heating profile, where feet are warm, while the head remains cool.
- Controls heating based on floor temperature.
- Simple to operate.
- LED to indicate when heating is on.
- Floor sensor with 3m cable included.
- Ideal for intermittent use.
- Fits in a standard single gang back box (45mm deep)
The use of insulation boards will reduce heat up times and running costs by up to 50%. This means they can pay for themselves in just 2-3 years.
This heating is suitable for installation onto timber floors which have been over boarded with a minimum of 15mm exterior or marine quality ply.
Stable timber floorboards or 22mm chipboard flooring which have not been over boarded will require installation boards installed to provide a thermal barrier between the heating cable and the timber.
Before selecting your heating it is vital to ensure you have the correct size heating cable to suit your room. This is critical as the heating element CANNOT be reduced or extended.
- Calculate the total area of the room.
- Deduct the areas of all fixed furniture items without a minimum 60mm free flowing air gap underneath such as kitchen units, bath, toilet e.t.c.
- Deduct a further 10% from this remaining area. This allows for the space around the edge of the room.
Always round DOWN to the nearest size. It is always best to have a little less heating than some left over!
- As with all electrical projects governed by Part P regulations, all mains electrical connections must be undertaken by a certified electrican.
- We recommend a maximum 20m² area of 150w/m² output heating to be controlled by one thermostat. Any area greater than this should be split into separate zones using separate heat mats controlled by more than one thermostat.
- The heating must be protected by a 30mA RCD. This can be situated within the consumer unit or via a dedicated RCD fused spur.
- Ensure the total current of your heating system does not exceed the current capacity of the circuit it is connected to. Standard domestic ring circuits are rated at 13A and an electrical feed can be taken via a single 13A fused spur.
Full installation instructions can be found in the data sheets section below
If you need any further advice please call us on 01473 805959 or drop us an email at [email protected]